Pic

Pic

Thursday, January 3, 2013

toy storage



I have a 3 year old and a 3 month old and there seems like there is never enough space to store the toys galore at our house. As the 3 month old gets older it will only get worse. Many of the toys stay in the living room because that's where my 3 year old son likes to play. I was getting tired of stepping on toys all the time and didn't want any of the cheap storage alternatives I've seen at the stores. I wanted a timeless piece that would go with the rest of my decor and look nice while giving a home to the toys. I then went to my husband and gave him my thoughts and ideas (he has a wonderful design sense and is fabulous at building anything!). A few trips to lowes and a couple days later I now have this and I love it! The top part is made from stainable wood we stained to match our floors and we beat it with hammers and screwdrivers (my son loved helping with that part:)) to give it a vintage aged look. We made the dimensions so it would fit perfectly behind the couch and serve as a console table too. I picked up the cute chicken wire baskets at Marshall's and loved how they looked with it. I couldn't be happier and now the toys can stay in the living room/play area without looking so messy!




8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Welcome to the world of blogging! I hope you will enjoy it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this toy storage idea, my son has so many toys I am always looking for great ways to keep them organized. I might be having my husband build me one of these! So glad we found each others blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm excited to see more pics of your home...the new toy 'cabinet' is fantastic! (How lucky that you have such a talented hubby :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful piece for toy storage. I would have loved to have something like this when my kids were younger! So nice to have a husband that can build things too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, btw I'm your first follower-yay!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great piece! I love that your son helped with the distressing:) The wire baskets are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this toy storage idea, my son has so many toys I am always looking for great ways to keep them organized. I love your blog
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That piece is amazing and I have to say I am so jealous. One can never have too many cubbies or baskets.

    Congrats on starting your blog. Woo wooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete